2011 marked a very successful year for the Woman’s Exchange, a non-profit consignment shop located in the West Chester borough. Since 1943 this shop has been located at 10 S. Church Street, a space rented from the Masonic Association of West Chester. The shop was founded during WWII to help home-makers earn additional money.
The Woman’s Exchange sells jewelry, antiques, household items, China and glassware. Consignors receive 60% of the sale price of their items. The remaining 40% goes to various organizations in West Chester. This year the shop generously gave $25,000 to the following groups: Chester County Historical Society, Community Volunteers in Medicine, Fame Fire Company, First WC Fire Company, Goodwill Fire Company, Maternal and Child Health Consortium, Safe Harbor, Wentworth Home, West Chester Public Library, Good Fellowship Ambulance, Denney Reyburn Resident Council and the West Chester Food Cupboard.
When a customer walks into the Women’s Exchange, you can be assured that part of the purchase price will go directly into the hands of area organizations that need the funds. If you are interested in becoming a consignor, volunteer, or simply donationg items, call 610-696-3058. Volunteers will be happy to assist you. We thank all of our customers, volunteers and consignors who helped us to raise $25,000.00!