It’s not quite fall yet — we have to soak in the last of the warmer days while we can. Get your yoga fix with Second Saturday Yoga from Local Yoga Cafe and Uptown! Knauer Performing Arts Center. Tomorrow, September 9th from 8:30-9:30am, you can exercise and perform your favorite yoga poses outside of Uptown and relax after a busy work week with a soothing selection of music and the company of your community peers.
It can be difficult sometimes to motivate yourself to exercise and perform yoga moves as often as you like. Here are some reasons you should be practicing yoga more often, according to the American Osteopathic Association:
- Practicing yoga will increase your body’s overall flexibility.
- Your will become stronger, both physically and mentally, and will have more energy throughout your next work week when you revitalize your mind and body with yoga.
- You may see a decrease in your body’s weight, and you may also notice that your heart will be beating at a healthier level. Circulation will also have improved as a result.
- Mentally, when you practice yoga often, you will better be able to manage your stress from work and social situations. Alleviating some stress will consequently improve your physical well-being, as stress can sometimes cause headaches, neck and back pains, and insomnia.
- Yoga can also be used as a form of meditation, which will calm your mind and body.
Registration begins at 8am, and tickets are $15 each. Uptown! Knauer Performing Arts Center is located at 226 North High Street. For more information, contact 610-356-2787. The next Second Saturday Yoga will be held on October 14th.