There’s hardly a better way to meditate than with the relaxing selections of loose-leaf teas from Tranquilitea Temple on North Church Street. When you’re visiting, you’ll be able to try out many of their teas, along with some Asian snacks to pair nicely with them. From 9am to 3pm tomorrow, Saturday, November 18th, you can try all of these teas and snacks for free. Then, at 12pm, try participating in their free hour-long meditation class taught by meditation instructor Jenna Moffett, where you can learn techniques to increase your mindfulness and wellness.
Here are some of the available you will be able to sample at Saturday’s tasting and meditation:
- Apple Berry — Full of flavor with a rich and fruity character. Add a cinnamon stick or a few cloves for an exotic mulled spice tea.
- Go Nuts! — This nutty tea is an exquisite blend of almond with hazelnut notes that make dried fruit and hibiscus stand out.
- Pumpkin Spice — Notes of pumpkin and cinnamon permeate this tea blend. It’s the perfect tea for a crisp, autumn day.
- Pina Colada Island Dream — With the taste of pineapples, coconuts, apple, rosehip, and hibiscus petals, you’ll feel like you’re right in the Caribbean.
- Provence Melody — This herbal tea is flavored with rooibos, rosehip, elderberry, and blueberry, along with lavender and rose petals. It was inspired by Provence, France, also known as the “joie de vivre” of France.
- Jasmine Dragon and Phoenix Pearls — What’s unique about this tea is that each pearl is handmade from two leaves at the first growth of the season, which is usually around March or early April. The Jasmine flower petals are hand-rolled into pearls to preserve their original and full flavor. As a result, this tea has a smooth and delicate flavor. These pearls are also made with green tea leaves.