If you’re walking around downtown West Chester today, you may see various gates, spotlights, and festive decorations. It’s that time of year again! Tonight, from 5pm to 10pm, the festive celebrations, including the QVC Christmas Parade, will occur!
- 5pm – 9pm: enjoy the Holiday Village set up on High Street between Gay and Market Streets
- 5:30pm: If you love exercise and elves, register for the Jingle Elf Run at the Chester County Running Store on 24 South High Street
- 6:30pm: It’s time for the Jingle Elf Run! Get ready to run or spectate on East Market Street between High and Walnut Streets
- 6:45pm: The Christmas Tree in front of the Bicentennial Courthouse is lit on the Main Stage
- 7:15pm: The QVC Christmas Parade begins! Walking around Gay and Market Streets, there will be bands, organizations, schools, fire companies, music, and so many more participants!
The Christmas Parade is celebrating its 38th year running this year by QVC and the West Chester Chamber of Commerce. The event will be televised on Christmas Day. Tonight, 6abc’s Adam Joseph will return as the Master of Ceremonies, as well as QVC hosts, Carolyn Gracie and Dan Hughes, who will be introducing the volunteers, speakers and entertainers throughout the night. Various downtown businesses will be offering winter refreshments, like hot chocolate, so make sure you stop in them!
Nick Vecchio, account director with the WC Press, talked about why he loves the QVC Christmas Parade every year.
I personally haven’t attended the event in four years because, as most students know, this week finals week for most universities. But now I’m back in West Chester and can’t wait to enjoy the parade!
For more information, visit the West Chester BID online.