Coming out this August, you’ll be able to be a part of our Edible West Chester Food Issue 2018! Contact email@example.com to be in our issue!
From our Edible West Chester issue 2017.
John Serock Catering — Crab Cakes with Buerre Blanc Sauce
Crab Cake Ingredients
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 red pepper, minced
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1/2 bunch celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoon Old Bay
- 1 pound crab meat, claw
- 1 pound crab meat, lump
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 tablespoon butter, cold, cubed
- 1/3 bunch chives, chopped
- In a sauté pan, combine the vegetables and oil and soften over a medium heat. (You should start in a cold pan to prevent browning).
- Once vegetables are soft (approx. 8 mins) incorporate the flour into the pan using a spoon to stir, cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in the heavy cream until smooth.
- Return to heat, simmer for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the lump crab
- Stir ingredients together and gently fold the lump crab meat in, being careful not to break up the lumps.
- Form crab cakes into desired size and place on a non-stick baking pan into 425F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Simmer 2 cups of wine over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cold butter a little at a time to incorporate
- Season with salt, pepper and chives and spoon over crab cakes for service.
America’s Pie — Mango Salsa
- 4 ripened mangoes
- 1/2 cup red onions
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Dice mango into cubes
- Chop red onions and cilantro finely
- Mix together in a bowl and add the salt and pepper and red pepper flakes
- Top on your favorite fish, salad, or chicken.