Coming out this August, you’ll be able to be a part of our Edible West Chester Food Issue 2018! Contact email@example.com to be in our issue!
From our July Crime & Justice issue.
- 2 1/3 c. oats
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. ground flax seed
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 c. boiling water
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. finely chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, walnuts, sugars, flax, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together with a whisk.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk buttermilk, canola oil, egg and vanilla together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Add boiling water to mixture and stir to combine. Let stand five minutes.
- Fold in chocolate and apricots.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until no longer wet in the center of each muffin.
- Cool on a wire rack and keep covered at room temperature for several days.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs (GF if necessary)
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, ideally freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut zucchini in half and scrape out a small divot, lengthwise (mostly just seeds).
- Arrange zucchini, 4 at a time, on a dinner plate. Microwave for 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining zucchini halves.
- Arrange halves cut side up in 9×13 baking dish. Brush with 1 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with several pinches of kosher salt and black pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients until well blended. Fill zucchini evenly with filling, using a small spoon. Bake for 10 more minutes or until filling is heated through and crunchy.
- Serve warm or room temperature.