Coming out this August, you’ll be able to be a part of our Edible West Chester Food Issue 2018! Contact email@example.com to be in our issue!
From our Edible West Chester issue 2016.
The Social Lounge — Cocoa-Rubbed Pork Chop with Maple Applesauce
Pork Chop Ingredients
- 4 pork chops, about 4oz each
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 tbs unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tbs freshly ground coffee
- 1 tbs dark brown sugar
- 4 tbs cup Funk Spice Cajun Seasoning
Maple Applesauce Ingredients
- 1 lb Honey Crisp apples, peeled and diced
- 1 lb Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs apple cider
- 1.5 tbs maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place all applesauce ingredients in small pot, cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and allow to simmer fro 10-15 minutes until apples break down, then turn heat off and allow to cool.
- Combine salt, cocoa, coffee, brown sugar, and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and mix.
- Coat pork chops completely with rub and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Flame grill on high heat for roughly 3 minutes, or until pork reaches desired temperature.
- Serve hot with chilled applesauce.
Saloon 151 — Slow-Roasted Brisket Sandwich
- 1 whole beef brisket, cleaned
- 1/4 c Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 c garlic powder
- 1/4 c dark chili poweder
- 2 c beef stock
- 2 tbs liquid smoke
- 1 c natural beef juice from cooking
- 2 c Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 1 c beef juice
- 2 c Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
- 3 tbs garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make a dry rub by combining spices. Season the raw brisket on both sides with rub. Place in a roasting pan, (fat-side up), and roast uncovered for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock, liquid smoke and enough water to yield about 1 inch of liquid in the roasting pan. Lower oven to 300F, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 6 hours, or until fork-tender (approx. 45 min/pound).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for easy slicing,
- Trim fat and slice meat thinly across the grain or if preferred, pull with fork while still hot. Reserve 1 cup juice from cooking for sauce
- For sauce, heat beef juice in medium saucepan over low heat until it begins to simmer. Add a BBQ sauce and garlic to pan, then whisk continuously until all ingredients are fully incorporated and sauce begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and coat over sliced beef. Top beef with coleslaw and serve on roll.